Thursday, April 23, 2015

Maybelline Colordrama - Intense velvet lip pencil


I had my eye on these for a while now, because I think they could be a good dupe for the NARS lip pencils. I don't know what it is about lipproducts, but they always draw my attention.

I picked up 3 colors from the range. A classic red (Red Sensational), a berry toned one (Berry Much) and a daring orange (Fab Orange). These are the three colors I feel are all I'm ever gonna need. No nudes, I know. But if you know me even just a little than you'll know that I'm not the biggest fan of them. I'm a sucker for bright lips. If you take a quick look at my Mac lipstick collection you'll notice this straight away. 

So let's start talking about these babies. The packaging is quite standard for a lip pencil, which I like. It's easy to use and it doesn't take up too much space in your handbag. 

I was pleasantly surprised when I first applied it. I thought it would be tricky to be very precise because the tip of these pencils is quite wide, but I actually didn't struggle with it at all. 
They also applied way creamier than I had anticipated. It was like love at first sight <3
But then the heartbreak came creeping in. My excitement from before turned when I realised that the creamy feeling I had when I first applied dissapeared after about an hour. I started noticing my lips were feeling really dry and uncomfortable. Even though the color stayed on all night (even through eating and drinking) this does bother me quite a bit. But maybe that's just me. 
Overall I'd rate this a 7 out of 10.


L-R: Berry Much, Sensational Red
What do you guys think about the Maybelline lip pencils? Please let me know in the comments below or find me on twitter @_MakeUpDiary_

Xoxo Nathalie


PS. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'



6 comments:

  1. The re red suits you the best in my opinion. In addition your sense of writing is amazing I love your review.

    Nina
    LP: Rules Of A Surprise Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much are these, and how long do they stay on for, I need these colours in my life
    ~ www.bethanscloud.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely colours, they all really suit you!

    Tanesha x
    www.tanehsa-marie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red one looks amazing on you!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like red color and this color create your extra beauty Nathalie.
    HairTreatment

    ReplyDelete