Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DIY: Deep conditioning hairmask


Even though it's supposed to be winter right now, the weather in Belgium hasn't really been like it. It kinda like extended fall over here..
This past two weeks it's starting to get a little colder and my hair is not liking it. 
My hair has been feeling really dry and brittle, so I decided to give it a nice conditioning mask to recover from all the damage these weatherchanges are doing to my hair.
Now I like spending money on my haircare, because I'm trying to grow out my hair, but that's not gonna work unless I really take care of it.
I did however make this mask myself with products that I had lying around my kitchen, so I'm quickly showing you guys how to make your own deep conditioning hairmask.

What you'll need:
- Olive oil
- Milk
- Banana
- Bowl

How it works:
This mask is so easy to make, it's kind of ridiculous.
What you want to do is put about two tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl, pour in about the same amount of milk and then add about half of a banana. Warm it up in your microwave for about a minute. When it's all warmed up, you want to mash all of the ingredients togheter and then they're ready to take in the shower with you.

How to use it:
When you get in the shower, start with wetting your hair and then apply the mask to the ends of your hair. Let it sit for about 20 minutes whilst you're washing the rest of your body. You then want to wash out the mask and you want to make sure that you get rid of all the banana pieces that are still stuck in your hair. Trust me.. There will be pieces of banana stuck in your hair after you get out of the shower if you don't check it. I would also recommend to rinse the ends of your hair with a little bit of shampoo, because if you don't get rid of the residue of the olive oil, you're hair will look greasy when it's dry and that's definitly NOT the look you want to go for.

Do you want to see more of these DIY projects?? Let me know in the comments below or tweet me your ideas @_MakeUpDiary_

Xoxo Nathalie


PS. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment