Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Salt sprays - Worth the hype?

Hey guys,

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past couple of months, you've definitly heard all about salt sprays.
For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, salt sprays are basically texturizing sprays you put in your hair to give you that messy beachy wave look.

When I found out about this I was actually pretty excited, because I love to rock the 'messy hair' look. Unfortunatly for me, as with everything beauty-related in Belgium, salt sprays were nowhere to be found. 
About three weeks ago, I stumbled across 2 different of these sprays and I decided to buy them both so that I could test them. 

The first is the Got2Be beach babe. I was especially excited about this one, because it's the same brand as the Got2Be guardian angel heat protection spray and I love that stuff.
The second one is from the L'Oréal Studio Line. I hadn't used this brand before, so I didn't know what to expect. This product also doesn't market itself as a salt sprays but it works just the same.





The instructions for both say to use it on damp hair and to either blowdry it or let the wind take care of it.
I tried it out, expecting amazing beach waves... Nothing happened. 
I continued to try it several times over the next few days, but I got no results out of it. I tried everything possible. Wet hair, damp hair, dry hair. Nothing! I used a blowdryer, I left it like it was. Nothing!

Also, I'd like to point out that the L'Oréal one doesn't have a nice smell, which is another reason why I won't use it anymore. Who wants to have smelly hair?
The Got2Be one did have a nice smell however and out of the both of them, it's the one that gave me the most result (however tiny it was). 

In my opinion they are NOT worth the hype.

What do you think about salt sprays? Please let me know in the comments below or find me on twitter @_MakeUpDiary_

Xoxo Nathalie


PS. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'

Where to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment