Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Maybelline Brow drama


I love eyebrows. They might be my favorite part of doing make-up. It's just that they make such a difference. It's true what they say, eyebrows really do frame the face. 

Of course everything starts with well groomed eyebrows. I'm not saying you need to start plucking your eyebrows like crazy, but just get rid of the strays and shape them up a little. 
If you're thinking about drastically changing the shape of your eyebrows, definitely get it done by a professional. If there's one thing I learned over these past few years it's that you NEVER touch your own eyebrows. 


Anyways, back to the make-up part of it. Personally I like using a brow pencil to fill in the sparse areas of my brows. I tried using eyeshadow for some time, but my eyebrows just were just not having it. 
To set my eyebrows I always reach for my Benefit speed brow which is a tinted brow gel. It's one of the few Benefit products that I actually enjoy, but it is a bit on the pricey side. I've been keeping my eyes open for a replacement and I found that in the Maybelline Brow drama. 

What caught my eye about it was the wand. Most brow gels have a regular mascara wand applicator, but this one doesn't. It has a rounded end. I found it really difficult to work with it at first, because of this weird shape. It's also pretty pigmented, which caused me to have brow gel all over my forehead. 
Needless to say, I didn't like it! But I wasn't willing to give it up, so I started learning how to make it work for my brows and once I did, I started really liking it. I don't even feel the need to fill in my brows anymore. This brow gel is tinted enough to take care of any sparse areas. 

I would recommend to scrape of the excess on the brush like you would with a mascara, because if you get too much product on it, it will go everywhere. It's always easier to build up to the intesity you want than to have to take everything back off. 

What do you guys think about this? Let me know in the comments below or find me on twitter @_MakeUpDiary_

Xoxo Nathalie


PS. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. I need to try this! For brow products, I'm a definite Maybelline mastershape girl! <3 xx



    www.lipglossandpaperbacks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's truly amazing in my opninion. Thanks for commenting.
      Xoxo Nathalie

      Delete